Full Stack Engineer
Designed for healthcare and higher education institutions across the United States, PaymentWorks is an automated Supplier Information Management (SIM) solution that simplifies supplier security and collaboration. PaymentWorks leverages an integrative platform to centralize the collection, validation, and management of payee information for protected and compliant supplier enablement, all with minimal effort.
We are excited to expand our team to include a FullStack Engineer, a polyglot engineer capable of going deep into any area of our stack, from CSS down to data modeling. We're a small, Agile-practicing development team in need of an experienced engineer who brings both strong development and UI design skills to tackle an ever-growing feature set. As a key early player augmenting the founding team of engineers, you'll spend all of your time working on customer-facing features, and the technology that supports those features. If you love building the user experience from the ground up and want to spend your time working on a product that solves very big, very real problems, then this is the role for you.
We're specifically focusing our search for hands-on engineers who:
- Are comfortable across the full stack, but the frontend is really your thing
- Have a practical understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Have an ability to lead projects, mentor junior engineers and explain Hard Things to managers
- Have years of experience developing against backends; Django, Rails or similar
- Have years of experience designing and implementing REST-based APIs
- Are comfortable developing, deploying and debugging complex, distributed systems
- Enjoy contributing across all areas of the product; on our team, if it hasn't been done before, you figure it out and teach everyone else
- Have strong coding, testing, readable documentation and effective communication habits
Technologies we like to use:
- Experience with other application frameworks also very welcome
- Frontend technologies such as HTML, CSS, LESS, SASS, Stylus
- Backend tools like Python, Django and Celery
- Infrastructure like Docker, Apache, Nginx, AWS Services, Ansible, Chef
- Analytics tools like Kibana, Fluentd and AWSbased analytics tools
- Datastores like MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and other NoSQL stores
- Development tools including git, jenkins, Selenium, Jasmine, PyCharm
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply for this position, send an e-mail to: email@example.com